How Design Consulting can help you build apps and automation tools on Autodesk Platform Services
Are you looking for a way to access and use your design and engineering data in the cloud? Do you want to automate processes, connect teams and workflows, or visualize your data in 3D and 2D? Do you want to create custom applications that integrate with your existing software systems and leverage the power of Autodesk products?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you need Autodesk platform services (APS) – a cloud-based developer platform from Autodesk that offers APIs and services to help you build apps and automation tools for your industry needs.
But how do you get started with APS? How do you learn the APIs, develop the apps, and deploy them to your users? How do you ensure that your apps are secure, scalable, and reliable?
That’s where Design Consulting comes in. Design Consulting is an Autodesk Reseller and part of the Autodesk Developer Network. We have the expertise, experience, and resources to help you build apps and automation tools on APS.
What is Autodesk Platform Services aka Forge
Autodesk Platform Services aka Forge is Autodesk’s cloud platform for the following API’s to run routine tasks, connect systems and build applications:
- Webhooks to connect systems and receive notifications of events
- Viewers to embed in applications
- Batch processing for 3ds Max, AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit
- BIM 360 Integration
- Data Management Apps
- Reality Capture – Convert images into meshes, point clouds or orthphotos.
- Model Derivatives of over 60 formats to extract metadata and objects from models
Autodesk Platform Services Benefits
Here are some of the benefits of working with Design Consulting:
Access to APS APIs and tools
As an Autodesk reseller and developer network member, Design Consulting has access to all the Autodesk Platform Services APIs and tools that you need to build your apps and automation tools. These include:
– Viewer: A web-based 3D and 2D viewer that lets you display your design data on your website or app. You can enable interactive features such as section cuts, explode assemblies, and measurements.
– Design Automation: A cloud service that lets you run automation scripts on your design files in the cloud. You can automate tasks such as drawing generation, model conversion, or analysis.
– BIM 360: A cloud service that lets you integrate with the Autodesk construction cloud platform and manage your construction projects. You can access data such as issues, documents, checklists, model coordination, and cost management.
– Fusion: A cloud service that lets you integrate with the Autodesk manufacturing cloud platform and manage your product lifecycle. You can access data such as design data management, generative design, simulation, machining, additive manufacturing, etc.
– Flow: A cloud service that lets you integrate with the Autodesk media and entertainment cloud platform and manage your production lifecycle. You can access data such as asset management, review and approval, rendering, etc.
You can also use Autodesk Platform Services tools such as:
– Developer portal: A web portal that lets you sign up for APS, manage your apps and keys, access documentation and tutorials, etc.
– Code samples: A GitHub repository that contains code samples, snippets, tutorials, etc. for various APS APIs.
– App store: A web store that lets you browse and download ready-made apps and plug-ins for various Autodesk products.
Expert guidance and support
As an Autodesk reseller and developer network member, Design Consulting has the knowledge and skills to help you with every aspect of your app development process. We can help you with:
– Planning: We can help you define your app requirements, scope, budget, timeline, etc. We can also help you choose the best Autodesk Platform Services APIs and services for your app functionality and performance.
– Development: We can help you design, code, test, debug, and optimize your app using best practices and standards. We can also help you use APS tools such as developer portal, code samples, etc.
– Deployment: We can help you deploy your app to your users using secure and scalable methods. We can also help you use APS tools such as app store, etc.
– Maintenance: We can help you monitor, update, troubleshoot, and improve your app using feedback and analytics. We can also help you use APS tools such as developer portal, etc.
Custom solutions and integrations
As an Autodesk reseller and developer network member, Design Consulting has the flexibility and creativity to help you build custom solutions and integrations for your specific needs. We can help you with:
– Customization: We can help you customize your app to suit your branding, preferences, workflows, etc. We can also help you add features or functionalities that are not available in the APS APIs or services.
– Integration: We can help you integrate your app with other software systems or platforms that you use or need. We can also help you use APS APIs or services to integrate with other Autodesk products or solutions.
Next Steps into Autodesk Platform Services
Autodesk platform services is a powerful cloud-based developer platform that lets you access and use your design and engineering data in the cloud. You can build apps and automation tools for various industries using APS APIs and services.
But building apps and automation tools on APS can be challenging and time-consuming. That’s why you need Design Consulting – an Autodesk reseller and developer network member that can help you with every step of your app development process.
Design Consulting can help you access APS APIs and tools, provide expert guidance and support, and create custom solutions and integrations for your needs.
If you want to learn more about how Design Consulting can help you build apps and automation tools on APS, contact us today. We would love to hear from you and discuss your project.