Usually traditional PDM systems are too complex for Industrial Design requirements but these systems do offer benefits like project management, lifecycles and search capabilities, so Autodesk has launched Studio Wall, a visual data management solution for Industrial Designers.
Most users want to be able to quickly search for files, compare them and be able to manage the lifecycle of the file but if it takes a mountain of steps to manage the data and administration, users get turned off and prefer to be more dynamic without a data management solution.
This is where Studio Wall comes in. Here’s a list of features and benefits:
- Web browser-based thin client with minimal install for easy deployment
- Graphical user interface that hides the complexity of data management operations for the user
- Secure versioning and revision handling for any type of Autodesk or third-party design asset
- Intuitive overview of design asset through gallery and cover flow views
- Support for categorization of design assets through tagging
- Efficient search capabilities with customisable filters
- 2D and 3D file preview capabilities
- Supports 2D image comparison with side by side or overlay views
- Directly edit design assets within native applications
- Define design projects and timelines
- Collaborate through shared design assets
Check out the
Autodesk Studio Wall website here for more information
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me +61 3 9210 4428 / +61 400 732 928 if you have any queries.