Advance Steel Steel and Revit Fabrication Workflows
Synch Structural Steel Fabrication to BIM
Advance Steel is structural steel design and detailing software with parametric connections that also does folded plate design and flat patterns.
Over the years, Autodesk has developed a live synch with Revit using Revit’s structural tools, so designs made in either product can be synched to the other, modified and synched back. It started with being able to sync beams and with Revit also having a connection library the synchronisation is even better.
Advance Steel to Revit
Advance Steel allows users to import from Revit, export to Revit or Sync. By installing the Advance Steel extension (add-in) for Revit, users in Revit can import, export and sync as well.
Users either import or export to a .smlx file and once imported/exported, any changes made can be synchronised.
Synchronising Advance Steel and Revit
Once imported, you can synchronise changes and through the dialog box select what changes you would like to synch and the colour coded system shows the user what has be appended (added), modified or deleted
Advance Steel Features
Advance Steel has all the tools of AutoCAD plus:
- Document Manager System with revision control to check status, update drawings, track changes and rename drawing numbers.
- Structural steel beam and column library
- Folded plate and flatten tools
- Building Grid
- Cut Beams and Plates
- Place bolts, anchors, holes, and shear studs
- Create welds
- Connection library – Create, copy and customise
- Stairs, handrails and cage ladder tools
- Portable/Gable Frame Tool
- Mono-pitch Frame tool
- Bracing tool
- Purlins, joist and truss tools
- Cladding tools
- Clash Check
- Camera views
- Automated drawings (requires configuration)
- 2D Shop Drawings (GA and part)
- Parts List
- Export to DXF
- Export NC1 (CNC Machine)
What's new in Advance Steel 2023
Get in Touch
DC is an authorised Autodesk Reseller providing products and services for the Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure and Manufacturing Sectors.
Feel free to contact us on 1800 490 514, firstname.lastname@example.org, by live chat or fill out the form below.